Diablo 2 Resurrected
Classes and Builds
Diablo 2 Resurrected updates Diablo 2's graphics, audio, and network functions, but does not touch its refined gameplay which means that its success is almost guaranteed. To prepare you for your future battles against Diablo and the Lord of Destruction - Baal, we've prepared a range of Diablo 2 Resurrected Builds; you will find every type of D2R build below - Early Ladder, PvP, End-Game, and more.
Below, we present you with the best, the most powerful, and the most fun-to-play Diablo 2 Resurrected Builds. Moreover, for those of you who are not familiar with the Diablo 2's remaster, we've prepared a short breakdown of all the changes it introduces.
The Best Diablo 2 Resurrected Builds
- Blizzard Sorceress Starter Build - pretty much the best Sorceress Starter build with tons of AoE based on the most iconic cold spell - Blizzard which has a wide radius and deals tons of damage even with just basic equipment making it a perfect choice to start a new Ladder with
- Blizzard Sorceress Magic Find setup - MF-oriented setup for one of the most popular Soso builds in D2R which is based on its' iconic Cold/AoE Spell that allows to quickly take down groups of enemies all around your screen
- Lightning/Chain Lightning Sorceress Build - the best end-game Sorceress build with tons of damage and Lightning damage penetration allowing you to efficiently break immunities and deal with most of the in-game content. It's also one of the most versatile Sorceress builds out there
- Lightning Magic Find Sorceress Build - a variation of our Lightning Sorceress build that's optimized for Magic Finding and increasing loot yield significantly
- Meteor/Fire Ball Fire Sorceress Build - one of the most powerful Fire Sorc builds in Diablo 2 Resurrected which is a top leveling/starter build for this class and allows you to efficiently farm most of the popular spots on Hell difficulty
- Frozen Orb Sorceress Build - Energy Shield version of one of the most popular Cold Sorc builds in the history of Diablo 2. This build offers amazing AOE and clear speed, making it one of the best builds for farming Hell difficulty areas
- Nova Sorceress Build - a very powerful Sorceress setup that became widely popular with the introduction of Patch 2.4. This build provides massive AoE damage around your character making it very smooth and enjoyable to play
- Holy Fire Aura Paladin Build - presumably the most powerful build in the game currently thanks to the buffs introduced in Patch 2.4. It simply melts content without even attacking anything, making it one of the most enjoyable builds at the same time (though it also might just be one of the most expensive builds out there currently)
- Blessed Hammer "Hammerdin" Starter build - the most popular Paladin build in original Diablo 2 LoD which is also among the top Starter builds for this class. This build deals tons of Holy damage that ignore most of the immune monsters in the game and offers unparalleled durability
- Blessed Hammer Paladin Magic Find Build - the single-best MF build for the Paladin class, which is based on the iconic Blessed Hammer skill for solid damage and good AoE that makes it a perfect setup to quickly farm valuable Loot in a wide variety of high-level areas
- Smiter Paladin Build - the best Uber/DClone farmer in Diablo 2 Resurrected and one of the best Melee builds in the game that bashes your target with the equipped shield with devastating force and speed
- Tesladin Paladin Zealot Build - one of the strongest PvM builds in the entire Diablo 2 Resurrected which can comfortably take on all the content when fully geared. This build utilizes two Dream Items to gain level 30 Holy Shock Aura for some massive AoE/Lightning damage
- Holy Freeze Aura Zealot Build - another interesting and powerful build based on the popular Paladin's Zeal Skill. This time, it utilizes the Holy Freeze Aura and Doom Rune Word to gain insane extra cold damage to your Zeal, and slow down all nearby enemies while maintaining the standard defensive capabilities of a Paladin class
- Summon Skeleton/Corpse Explosion Necromancer Build - one of the easiest summoner builds for the Necromancer which utilizes Summon Skeleton and Corpse Explosion which offers the best DPS ratio for lower geared characters making it ta perfect early Ladder build
- Poison Nova Necromancer Build - a Godly AoE/speed farming build that deals three types of damage allowing you to nearly completely Ignore immunities on enemies, and efficiently farm all the popular areas in the game
- Bone Spear Necromancer - one of the most popular (and best) Caster builds for this class which deals mainly Magic Damage using Bone Spear and offers great crowd-control and solid defenses
- Poison Necromancer Magic Find setup - a build that utilizes the Poison Spells for massive AoE and is optimized for maximum Loot yield, making it a top tier MF build for the Necromancer class
- Wind Druid Starter Build - one of the best early Ladder/Starter builds for the Druid class that utilizes its Wind-type spells like Tornado, Cyclone Armor, and Hurricane to deal devastating area damage to enemies
- Wind Druid MF-optimized Build - basically the best Magic Find setup for the Druid class in Diablo 2 Resurrected, so if you are aiming at maximizing your chances of finding High Runes and end-game Uniques, that's the build for you
- Fury Druid Melee Build - one of the most powerful Melee builds in Diablo 2 that offers one of the highest Melee DPS and Max Life numbers available in the game
- Rabies Poison Druid Build - one of the most unusual melee builds in the game which utilizes the "hit and run" strategy to apply a deadly spreading Poison with the Rabies Skill. It's one of the most popular Cow level farming builds with it being a high-density area and cows being vulnerable to Poison Damage
- Berserk / Find Item Barbarian leveling Build - one of the best setups for leveling up a Barbarian which utilizes Berserk to deal massive melee damage and Find Item which allows you to get approx. 50% more Loot from slain enemies
- PitZerker Barbarian Magic Find Build - presumably the number 1 Magic Find build in the entire game. It's optimized for farming the Pits and Travincal, with greatly increasing Magic Find stat and the chance to find the best and most valuable items in the game
- Whirlwind Barbarian Spin-to-Win Build - the most Legendary Melee build in Diablo 2 which is based on the Whirlwind Attack that allows you to spin around dealing massive AoE damage from your equipped Weapons. It's one of the most iconic builds for Diablo 2 Resurrected
- Frenzy Barbarian - a powerful melee build with second to none mobility and single-target DPS (at least when it comes to being a Barbarian). It's one of the best builds for killing end-game Bosses as Barbarian
- War Cry/Singer Barbarian Build - one of the best Magic Find builds for the Barbarian class (but also the entire game) which utilizes Warcries to kill enemies but also get extra Loot thanks to having increased level of all your Warcry abilities
- Death Sentry Trapsin Assassin Build - one of the best leveling builds for the Assassin class based on Death Sentry that deals three different types of damage offering smooth playstyle and good clear speed
- Death Sentry Trapsin Assassin Magic Find setup - a Lightning Trap Assassin build that's optimized for maximum Magic Find stat allowing you to maximize the chances of finding high tier Runes and Items in pretty much all the 85 level zones in the game
- Kicksin Dragon Talon Assassin Build - presumably the best Boss-killing setup for the Assassin class which is based on the Dragon Talon ability that's one of the fastest and deadliest melee attacks in the game (at least for Bosses)
- Fire Trap/Wake of Fire Assassin - a powerful Hybrid build with simply massive AoE Fire Damage that lets you melt content, with the extra addition of Physical/Poison Dragon Talons that will help you deal with Fire immune enemies in no time
- Strafe Bowazon Amazon Build - with the recent buffs to Strafe ability, it may have just become the most powerful Physical Bow Attack in Diablo 2 Resurrected, making it a very good option for any Amazon character
- Lightning Fury Javazon Build - an early ladder/MF version of presumably the best Javelin/Amazon build that deals tons of Lightning damage to multiple targets simultaneously. It's our top pick for beginners that want to start their adventure in Diablo 2 Resurrected
- Lightning Fury Magic Finding setup - one of the best MF builds for the Amazon class that utilizes the most popular Javelin Skill in the entire game for extra AoE and solid damage even when equipped with mainly MF gear
- Multiple-Shot / Guided Arrow Bowazon - one of the most iconic Diablo 2 builds based on the two classic Amazon Bow Skills: Multiple Shot for its massive AoE and Guided Arrow for solid single-target DPS making it one of the most enjoyable (and expensive) Diablo 2 Resurrected Builds out there
- Freezing Arrow Bowazon - a very interesting dual-Element Bow build that offers high sustainable DPS while allowing you to keep a proper distance from your enemies and maintain complete control over the battlefield with potent freeze
- Poison Javazon Build - a powerful ranged build which utilizes two Javelin Skills that offer additional AoE and DoT effects: Poison Javelin and Plague Javelin, making it one of the best PvM builds in the game
New Features and Changes coming with Diablo 2 Resurrected
D II Resurrected not only introduces a comprehensive graphical overhaul of the game. It also brings a range of quality of life changes, upgraded audio, and more! Below, we present you with a list of the changes and upgrades you can expect from Diablo 2 Resurrected.
- 3D Graphics - As all of you know, the original Diablo 2 features isometric graphics and is rendered in 2D. This changes completely in Resurrected - the remaster introduces 3D Graphics, high resolutions, and HD character models. With this change, the game looks modern and much more flashy than the original. Importantly for fans, the core gameplay remains exactly the same - it's only coated with fancy textures.
- A little twist on the remastered graphics - you can freely change between the original and the Reforged graphics! This is a sign of Blizzard learning their lesson after the "success" of Warcraft 3 Reforged.
- All Cutscenes were re-made. While the in-game graphics of Diablo 2 didn't actually age that bad, the cutscenes certainly did. To complete the modernized feel of Diablo 2 Resurrected, all original cutscenes were re-created from scratch in 4K resolution!
- Upgraded Audio - While Diablo 2 music remains one of the best in-game soundtracks to date, even after 20 years, the sound effects feel rather dated. This is why the developers have decided to overhaul sound effects in Resurrected. Sounds that were improved include combat noises, footsteps, and skill effects. However, to preserve the "old-school" feel of the game, some of the original sounds were preserved - these include potion drinking and inventory sounds.
- Fixed Compatibility Issues - Despite still being extremely popular, Diablo 2 is a 20-year-old game, and thus running it on modern operating systems can be quite tricky at times. If you have problems with getting the original Diablo 2 to work on your modern rig, just wait for the remaster - it fixes all compatibility issues!
- Cross-Platform Availability - It is confirmed that Diablo 2 Resurrected is releasing on PC as well as on consoles at the same time. If you tried Diablo 3 on your Playstation and felt like it lacked something, you will be glad to hear that you can finally play a good Diablo game on your favorite console.
- Battlenet feature was improved - While Diablo 2 still remains one of the most popular Hack&Slash games played online, the Battle.net service for it is rather dated (it's a 20-year-old game after all). This means that the original servers simply can't withstand the sudden influx of new and returning players who will surely want to try out the remastered version of Diablo 2. Luckily, all the known issues come to pass with the introduction of Battle.net 2.0 functionality that makes sure that D2 Resurrected runs as smoothly as possible and that its servers can accommodate everyone.
- Stash Improvements - If you've played any one of the more modern ARPGs, you're probably used to gigantic stashes that can be expanded even further by various means. If you are, you would be shocked by the extremely small size of the stash featured in the original Diablo 2 (it had whopping 40 slots...). Luckily for all loot hoarders out there, Diablo 2 Resurrected features an expanded and improved Stash system.
- Stash in D2 Resurrected has 100 slots (10x10 squares) and there are multiple tabs available!
- The Remaster also features a shared stash system! With it, you are able to freely exchange items between your characters - Stash is now account-wide.
- Automatic Loot Pick Up System - This is a big quality of life change that not only makes our lives easier but also allows us to speed run through areas without worrying about picking up loot and valuable items. With this feature, Diablo 2 Resurrected feels a bit more modern and is even more pleasant to play (not having to click on every separate gold stack is a welcome change).
If you have any Build requests, please post them in the Comments section below. We will be happy to update our list with the newest and the most popular/requested Builds, so feel free to leave your feedback, we will much appreciate it.
We hope that you have found this guide useful and informative. If you liked it and want us to add more guides such as this one, please let us know! Also, we will be happy to receive constructive criticism that will help us improve our future work so leave your suggestions in the comments section below.
Pictures used in this article are the intellectual property of Blizzard Entertainment