In Fallout 76, your survival depends not only on your skills but also on your equipment. You can be a true professional but sooner or later something will take you down if you miss a good tool to defend yourself with. Weapons are the most important pieces of both defensive and offensive equipment in the game. Venturing into the field without a Weapon is suicide and relying on an underpowered firearm is like asking for trouble. Sadly, getting a powerful and reliable armament can be rather tricky as Weapon's condition is randomized and its characteristics depend on its level. Fallout 76 offers a huge variety of weapons to discover and use. The available arsenal of weapons and tremendous customization options are supposedly the best things about Fallout 76. There are many Weapon types in the game, which all have its' own characteristics, capabilities, and use different ammunition types (or requires non at all). Below we have listed a complete list of all the available types of weapons in Fallout 76 and their brief description:
- Melee Weapons - one would think this is the most basic type of weapons, which you find right after you start the game and switch over to the first firearm you come across, and he will be wrong. Melee Weapons are among the deadliest and most powerful in the game. They also consume no ammunition, and you will surely experience how it feels to run out of it in the midst of a fight with a swarm of Ghouls or other enemies. Back in the days, every player complained about limited Carry Weight and Stash space, and while you build a Melee Character based on the Strength attribute, you could play undisturbed. You can divide this group into three main types of weapons: fast - like Daggers, Claws, Knives, which have very high Attack Speed and are great for builds which utilize "on-hit" effects, and on the other side we have slow weapons like Sledgehammer, Supersledge, Fireaxe, which take a while to swing, but you will be one-shooting enemies if geared properly. And obviously we have weapons with Attack Speed somewhere in between, like for example Swords, which offer great balance;
- Pistols - Pistols are small in size, but they surely can guarantee a kill. Because of how the modification system works in Fallout 76, you can modify your Pistols for any role. You can build non-automatic semi Sniper Rifles or a smaller version of a real Assault Rifle. In this group, you can find an old-fashioned Western Revolver and Black Power Pistol, or highly customizable, and much more reliable in combat, 10mm, Laser, and Plasma Pistols;
- Rifles - most flexible, versatile, and powerful Weapons in Fallout 76. Obviously, all this is enough to make them the most popular type of Weapons in the game. They work wonders both in close-combat and long-range. Rifles are the best for all types of encounters, you will find the deadliest automatic assault rifles here for general usage, as well as, the most potent Sniper Weapons in the game. In Fallout 76 you will find many iconic weapons which rules in previous installments of the series like Gauss Rifle, but also new additions. This group includes the player's favorites like Handmade Rifle, Lever-action Rifle, Railway Rifle, Hunting Rifle, Combat Rifle, and SMGs;
- Shotguns - the God Tier when it comes to close-range combat. They usually have low magazine size, slow reload, and low Fire Rate, but when something gets close, it doesn't get up. With some Weapon modifications, you can surely make the best Weapons for casual use based on Shotguns like Pump Action Shotgun, Double-barrel Shotgun, and Combat Shotgun. For some roleplayers wearing classic outfits, picking up a Black Powder Blunderbuss may be a good choice;
- Machine Guns - Machine Guns offer big magazines, high Fire Rate, and devastating DPS, covering swarms of enemies under the hail of your bullets. Sadly, ammunition is quite rare in Fallout 76, so with very high ammo consumption, and mediocre damage per round, you will not find these Weapons widely popularized;
- Heavy Weapons - true tools of destruction. They usually offer the highest damage. They are usually slow, ammunition is rare and expensive, so you may not find this type of Weapons to be one for a casual walk around the Whitespring Resort. However, you haven't experienced true Fallout 76 if you haven't tried to shot a Mini Nuke on a group of Super Mutants. You definitely need to play around with Heavy Guns at some point. This group contains items like the Legendary Fat Man, Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Minigun, Gatling Gun, Harpoon Gun, Flamer, and even a Cryolator;
- Explosive Weapons - you will find a lot of different Grenades and Mines while exploring Appalachia. You can even specialize your character to utilize these types of Weapons, and this type of builds is truly joyful. Throwing highly explosive Grenades, Molotov Cocktails, Knives, and Tomahawks is something truly worth trying out. When choosing Explosive Weapons as your primary Weapon type, make sure to take regular firearms as well, preferably ones to deal with enemies in close-range to make your gameplay experience truly spectacular.
All Weapons in Fallout 76 come with a set of attributes that determine their performance in the game. Most of them are randomly generated in set boundaries based on the Item type and level. To the most important attributes of Weapons in Fallout 76 we can include:
- Item level - which determines the base damage and condition of the weapon. You can loot higher level Weapons of the same type, the higher your enemy level is. Higher-level weapons also have higher repair and craft cost, but since you should be higher-level yourself, it should be easier to farm all the required materials or cash;
- Condition - it refers directly to the condition of your Item. If the condition bar depletes your weapon will break and you won't be able to use it anymore. On the other hand, the higher the condition of an item the higher the damage output. You can increase the condition of your Weapons by Repairing it on the Workbench;
- Base damage - displays the base damage per shot. If you are checking this stat while the weapon is equipped on your character, it will calculate your Attributes and Perks, so other players may have slightly different stats;
- Rate of Fire - determines the interval between each bullet fired. You can easily calculate your Weapon's DPS if you multiply your Base damage by Rate of Fire (the exact number of bullets fired per second). For Melee Weapons, we have Attack Speed defined instead;
- Accuracy Rating - determines the Accuracy of your weapon in the V.A.T.S. system and the sway speed and range when you are aiming at enemies;
- Range - effective range of your Weapon, which the distance to enemies further away to greatly reduce your weapon's Accuracy Rating;
- Ammunition type - determines what type of ammo you need to have in order to fire the specific Weapon;
- Magazine size - the number of rounds you can fire before a reload;
- Weight - very important stat to take into consideration when playing a character with low maximum Carry Weight;
- Value - the value of the Weapon in Caps. It can be used only for reference on Weapons that you plan to vendor as it has nothing to do with the item's real value.
All of the Weapon attributes in Fallout 76 can be changed, upgraded, and modified on Crafting Workbenches. The crafting system is very simple, and it's just like in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 but supposedly have more Weapons and Mods to play around with. Because of the complexity of this system, trading is inevitable for players that want to play the role of Weaponsmith. You will need a lot of Junk and Materials for crafting, which can be hard to obtain while playing Solo. That's one of the best things about Fallout 76 - trading Weapons and other Items with other players is allowed. However, trading is only possible "Face-to-Face" when you arrange the trade beforehand on external websites, forums, groups, and within gaming communities. Luckily, you can Buy and Sell Fallout 76 Weapons on Odealo. Odealo's Fallout 76 Weapon market is full of the best Ballistic, Melee, Energy and Explosive weaponry available in the game. You can definitely find something for yourself. Don't waste your time, the well-being of your character depends on it. Our Cheap Fallout 76 Weapons will allow you to defend yourself from any danger and successfully assault previously unbeatable enemies. Don't take any chances, replace your current armaments with the best ones available on our site and triple your chances of survival in the post-apocalyptic world of Fallout 76. Arm yourself to the teeth and become a true master of the game! All offers featured on our site are posted by verified Sellers, so you can be sure of your safety. Join our rapidly growing community and take advantage of the best Fallout 76 player-to-player transaction hub on the web.