Type is a special property of each of the Temtems. It dictates the creature's strengths and weaknesses in combat against other Temtem Types (it is a rock-paper-scissors dependance as each Type is strong against certain types and weak against others). Temtem Attack's effectiveness ranges from very effective (2x damage), through neutral (1x damage) to ineffective (x0.5 damage), depending on the involved types' relations. If a Temtem has two Types assigned to it, both of them are taken into account when its effectiveness in battles is calculated (this means that a Two-Type Temtem attacked with a technique that is very effective against both its types will take 4x damage!). The twelve Temtem Types and their traits are:
- Toxic Type - These peculiar creatures live in chemically-polluted areas of Tucma that would kill any other Temtem type almost instantly. They are one of the least known types, as their habitat is very hard to traverse through, but some dedicated tamers are known to have captured and befriended them. Toxic Temtems are very effective against Water and Nature Temtems, but they are weak to Wind Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Water, Nature, and other Toxic Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Crystal, Digital, Earth, and Toxic types.
- Melee Type - Bred for close-quarters combat, Melee Temtems originate from the city of Lochburg. At first glance, they might seem barbaric, but in reality, they are very graceful in their movements and their prowess in combat is appreciated all across the Archipelago. Fully Leveled Temtems of the melee type are very dangerous, especially when they fight against brittle Crystal Temtems. Melee Temtems are very effective against Crystal and Earth Temtems, but they are weak to Mental and Digital Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to other Melee Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Mental and other Melee types.
- Digital Type - Unlike other types, Digital is not a result of Temtem Evolution. These creatures were created in high-tech laboratories of Nanto on the island of Cipanku and possess unprecedented traits and qualities that organic Temtems can only dream of. Digital Temtems are very effective against Melee, Mental, and other Digital Temtems, but they are weak to Water, Electric and other Digital Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Toxic Temtems and their attacks are known to be effective against all known Temtem types.
- Crystal Type - These interesting creatures originate from the mines of Quetzal. Officially, they are classified as mineral lifeforms and their bodies are made out of crystal, which grants them incredible endurance and strength. However, Crystal, despite being strong, is also rather brittle, which makes these Temtem vulnerable to melee attacks. Crystal Temtems are very effective against Mental and Electric Temtems, but they are weak to Earth, Melee and Fire Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Electric, Mental, and Toxic Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Earth and Fire Temtems.
- Wind Type - Some of the Temtems have possessed the ability to fly. Wind Temtems originate from the island of Deniz and can often be seen at the Thalassian Cliffs, where they fly around and chase each other for fun. They are definitely among the most graceful creatures one can meet on the Airborne Archipelago. Wind Temtems are very effective against Toxic and Earth Temtems, but they are weak to Electric Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Earth and other Wind Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Electric and other Wind Temtems.
- Earth Type - These stalwart creatures are among the most durable and robust creatures that inhabit the Airborne Archipelago. Despite their imposing stature, they are rather shy and are rarely seen outside their main habitat located in the western Kisiwan deserts. Fully Evolved Temtems of this type tend to look very imposing but are rather gentle in reality. Earth Temtems are very effective against Fire, Crystal, and Electric Temtems, but they are weak to Melee, Water, and Nature Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Fire, Electric, Toxic, and Crystal Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Nature, Melee, and Water Temtems.
- Mental Type - These are, by far, the most intelligent creatures that inhabit the Airborne Archipelago. Because of their highly-evolved mental capabilities, Mental Temtems tend to be quite disdainful and assuming, but once Tamer befriends them, they show high levels of affection and become loyal companions. Mental Temtems are very effective against Melee and Neutral Temtems, but they are weak to Electric, Crystal, and Digital Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Melee and Neutral Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Crystal Temtems.
- Electric Type - Electric Temtems were once thought to be supernatural lightning spirits. Creatures of this type tend to be hyperactive, very... energetic, and unable to unlock their true potential without proper training. However, once trained and after achieving Max Level, their powers become a force to be reckoned with. Electric Temtems are very effective against Digital, Wind, Mental, and Water Temtems, but they are weak to Earth and Crystal Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Wind and other Electric Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Crystal, Earth, Nature, and other Electric Temtems.
- Water Type - These gentle creatures inhabit bodies of water all across the Airborne Archipelago. Sirallo, a massive two-part river that stretches north of Deniz is their preferred habitat. Despite being rather pacifistic in nature, Water Temtems become very strong in battle once fully trained. Water Temtems are very effective against Digital, Earth, and Fire Temtems, but they are weak to Nature, Toxic, and Electric Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Earth, Fire and other Water Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Nature, Toxic, and other Water Temtems.
- Nature Type - These interesting creatures display properties of both animals and plants (this is why the affiliation of some of them is still up for debate). The majority of known Nature Temtems inhabit the vast jungles of Omninesia and are known for their skill in battle. Nature Temtems are very effective against Water and Earth Temtems, but they are weak to Fire and Toxic Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Earth, Electric, Water and other Nature Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Toxic, Fire, and other Nature Temtems.
- Fire Type - One of the most dangerous and moody types. Fire Temtems are known for their unpredictability and rather unstable nature. Even the most experienced Tamers handle these creatures with care to avoid unpleasant, fiery accidents. They inhabit the lava-filled, scorched depths of the Anak volcano on Omninesia. Fire Temtems are very effective against Crystal and Nature Temtems, but they are weak to Water and Earth Temtems. Moreover, they are resistant to Crystal, Nature, and other Fire Temtems, but their attacks are ineffective against Water, Earth, and other Fire Temtems.
- Neutral Type - The most common and the most universal Temtem type. Neutral Temtems do not display any elemental affiliation nor they are known for a specific quirk. They do not display any particular strengths but are also known for not having any glaring weaknesses. These creatures are as close as Temtems come to regular animals and inhabit the vast savannas of eastern Kisiwa. Neutral Temtems do not have any effectiveness bonuses, and they are weak only to Mental Temtems. Moreover, they do not display any particular resistances and are known to be ineffective only against Mental Temtems.
Training a strong roster of Temtems can be very time-intensive and laborious. Luckily, there is a great alternative; an alternative that will let you create the Temtem roster of your dreams in no time. This alternative is known as Odealo. Odealo is one of the safest-to-use trade hubs for Temtem Temtems and the best substitute to the in-game trading. If you are looking for a place where you can safely Sell, Buy, or Trade Fully Leveled Temtems, Rare Temtems, or specimens that will enhance any collection, you have come to the right place. We offer a complete seller and buyer protection, registration and posting tools available on our site come free of charge, and our fees are lowest in the business. Don't hesitate, join one of the most rapidly growing and dynamic MMO communities in the industry, by signing up today!