Gunplay is one of the main selling points of the Escape from Tarkov. Tarkov Weapons behave realistically; their accuracy and ballistics closely reassemble those of their real-life archetypes (this is very visible with a weapon, like the AS VAL Assault Carbine, that is highly accurate at mid to close ranges, but because of its sub-sonic ammunition, hitting a far-away target with it is rather problematic as the shell drop off over distance is very considerable) and they can be modified to improve (or worsen, in some cases) their statistics - Weapon modding is a big thing in Tarkov; the sheer amount of EfT Weapon Mods is mind-boggling, and the number of possibilities is almost unmeasurable at this point. Each armament can be disassembled and reconstructed with alternative/improved parts and external attachments, like scopes, flashlights, laser sights, or handles. As a result of the effects that Mods have on EfT Weapons, some of the armaments are much better than others after all "meta" modifications have been applied. Because of this, we have prepared a list of the most popular/the best Tarkov Weapons and we added some extras, just to keep things interesting:
- AK-74N; Manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern from 1974 to 1991, chambered with 5.45x39mm ammunition - We start with an improved version of the Russian classic. This version of the popular AK-74 has been equipped with a Nightscope Mount that adds more configuration choices. AK-74N is not the most accurate, fast-firing, or the best-handled of EfT Weapons, but it is cheap, highly-moddable, and can be loaded with very powerful 5.45x39 mm 7N39 "Igolnik" ammunition that pierces through any personal protection equipment available in the game with ease.
- M4A1; Manufactured by Colt from 1993 to this very day, chambered with 5.56x45mm NATO ammunition - One of the most iconic armaments available in the game. M4A1 is based on the AR-15 and is a shortened and lightened variant of the M14A2. It is one of the best choices for medium-range firefighters - it's rather accurate, can be handled with ease (even while firing full-auto), its recoil is low for this type of a weapon, and it deals respectable damage with an appropriate ammunition choice. On top of that, M4A1 stays effective even at very short and very long ranges.
- AS Val; Manufactured by the Tula Arms Plant from 1987 to present, chambered with special 9x39 subsonic ammunition - Originally designed for Russia's special forces, AS Val features an inbuilt suppressor. This weapon will be perfect if you prefer to remain hidden, even after firing, and like to engage your targets from ambush positions. One of Val's best features is its incredibly high fire rate - this rifle is able to shred any armor incredibly quickly. Be aware that 9x39 subsonic ammunition that it uses has a considerable drop off over distance, which makes accurate sniping quite difficult.
- Red Rebel Ice Pick - something very different, but also extremely valuable. This is, by far, the most popular melee weapon in the game, and for a very good reason; it is required for the Clif Descent extracts on Reserve and on Woods (just remember that it will not work without a paracord). Red Rebel Ice Pick can be found in 5x5 weapon boxes, dropped from Shturman on Woods, found on Customs's Old Gas Station, bartered from Jaeger for 15 Dry Fuels, 15 5L propane tanks, and 10 Fuel Conditioners, or bought on Odealo, of course.
How to acquire Weapons in Escape from Tarkov
This seems trivial, but some of the more rare EfT Weapons can only be acquired in very specific ways:
- Most of the regular (unmodded) weapons can be purchased directly from traders.
- Many weapons randomly spawn on maps and can be found during Raids; most of the time found weapons will be unmodded and loaded with random ammunition.
- You can Buy Tarkov Weapons from other players via the flea market. Some players even sell pre-modded armaments, so the flea market is a good option for people who don't like weapon modding.
- Some of the rare weapons can be acquired via barter trades. Red Rebel Ice Pick, VSS Vintorez, AS VAL, and ASh-12 are all good examples of these, but some of the more common EfT Weapons can also be bartered for.
- Modded Tarkov Weapons can often be found on players during Raids... yes, winning PvP engagements is a good source of high-end weaponry.
- Pre Modded EfT Weapons can also be bought from an outside source - Odealo offers a range of pre-modified armaments, like AK-74Ns and M4A1s, for the lowest price.
If you were looking for a proven source of in-game assets, you have just found what you've been searching for. On Odealo, you can trade, sell, and Buy EfT Weapons of your liking for a fair price. All our sellers have been thoroughly verified to ensure the absolute safety of our buyers, which means that you are in safe hands. We are true professionals who want to share their experience with you; join our steadily growing Escape from Tarkov community and benefit from our services.