Path of Exile introduced one of the most interesting item systems in the world of MMO games. Items in PoE not only revolve around the character's equipment, but the game itself offers a wide variety of consumable and miscellaneous items used for various in-game features. Items can have attributes such as item-level, rarity, quality, and a set of affixes which depend on the item's rarity and type. Below you will find a list of all available Item types in Path of Exile:
- Parts of equipment - the most standard type of Items in the Path of Exile. This group consists of equipable items that are part of your basic equipment including Weapons, Wands, Staves, Bows, Shields, Quivers, Helmets, Amulets, Rings, Belts, Boots, Gloves, Body Armours, and Jewels. Their name color is determined by their rarity. A list of all available rarities can be found below;
- Currency Items - also called Orbs. This is a group of consumable Items that are used to alter Items, your Character, or other in-game objects. They are also the primary means of exchange in the Path of Exile, with big differences in their drop chance and value. You can't use Orbs to alter different Orbs in any way. Currencies in PoE are the most tangible goods. While this is also a group of Items in PoE, we have a completely different section for currencies on our website;
- Fragments - non-consumable objects that are mainly used in the Map device to open up portals to various areas with unique encounters and Bosses. Some Fragments can also be added to a regular Map to increase the Loot yield or the Map's attributes. For example, Divine Vessels are used in combination with certain Maps to unlock Pantheon bonuses or Offering of the Goddes which is used to open The Eternal Labirynth;
- Flasks - rechargeable potions that recover Life, Mana, or grant temporary bonuses to your character for the indicated duration. Flasks have Normal, Magic, or Unique Rarity;
- Divination Cards - stackable Items that can be exchanged for various rewards, which are usually randomly chosen from a pool of predefined possible options. Divination Cards can be found across all areas, and full stacks of Divination Cards can be exchanged at Navali and Tasuni for their corresponding rewards. Some Divination Cards have specific drop locations;
- Quest Items - Items that are parts of your currently active Quests. Once acquired and put in your inventory, they cannot be dropped, moved to Stash, or even destroyed. They only way to have them removed from your Inventory is via completing the Quest. Quest Items are also non-tradeable;
- Gems - Skills in Path of Exile are granted by Skill Gems which have to be socketed in your items. Skill Gems can also be linked with Support Gems to increase their effect, which is the core of the entire Path of Exile's Skill system. Skill Gems have no rarity, but they have Quality which increases their effectiveness, and they can be corrupted as well;
- Prophecies - Prophecies are granted by Navali, and players can seal them using Silver Coins. Sealed Prophecies can be consumed to add the corresponding Prophecy to your currently active ones, or can be traded with other players. Some Prophecies can be extremely valuable, so it's best to know how to deal with them;
- Fossils and Resonators - both are found in the Delve and are used for crafting Items with Delve-exclusive modifiers. Resonators are basically containers for Fossils, which modify an Item in a specified way. Fossils and Resonators are quite expensive and are usually used in meta-crafting. For most players, farming them is one of the most efficient ways to increase wealth and earn some extra Orbs.
- Maps - Maps are used to open portals to the corresponding Maps which is basically the main Path of Exile's end-game content. Maps and their properties can also be altered by using Orbs, and they can have Normal, Magic, Rare and Unique Rarity. You can also find Blighted Maps, which is basically a hard Blight encounter with a lot of rewards;
Most of the Items in the Path of Exile can have different rarities which in most cases determines the number of attributes on those items. When it comes to rarity items can be divided into:
- Normal Items - these items are characterized by White color, and they basically have no prefixes or suffixes. Certain Item bases can have an Implicit modifier that is unaffected by using Divine or Chaos Orbs. White Items are the only ones can be Chanced, with a possibility of becoming a random Unique Item with the same base type;
- Magic Items - which have Blue color and have up to two affixes - maximum of one prefix and one suffix. While these items will not seem powerful, all the best Rare Items in Path of Exile originate from Magic items. Meta-crafting starts with creating a Magic quality Item with two Tier 1 (eventually Tier 2) affixes by using massive amounts of Alteration Orbs. Such Items works as a base for further crafting and certain attribute combinations can cost several Exalted Orbs even with on Magic Rarity;
- Rare Items - the most commonly used type of Items in Path of Exile. They can have up to six affixes; up to three prefixes and three suffixes, as well as an extra Implicit Modifier on some Item bases. However, there is no minimum amount of affixes on a Rare, since they can be removed by using Orb of Annulment, whereas the mod is removed, but the Item will always retain its rarity. required Crafted Rares can be the most expensive and the best Items in the game, but creating such items cost a fortune.
- Unique Items - the rarest type of Items in the game. They usually offer Unique abilities or carry specific attributes that are required for specific Path of Exile builds. In their base form, Unique Items hardly ever will cost a lot, and can't be considered overpowered when compared to Meta-crafted Rares, however, a few of them are almost always included in character builds. While Unique Items are very rare, only a handful of Uniques is very expensive, with only Corrupted, Legacy, or League-Restricted Items reaching the value of tons of Exalted Orbs or Mirror-level equipment.
Parts of your equipment can also have a League-specific type, which adds extra attributes to the Item. These types are only available to equipable Items, Currency, Maps, Fragments, etc. won't ever drop with the extra attributes available to them. Currently, in the game, the ones that still remain active, and can be found throughout the game are:
- Veiled Items - which always have Rare rarity and carry one or two additional veiled modifiers. Unveiling modifiers at Master Jun will unlock them in the crafting Bench, and veiled modifiers can provide different stats that are normally found on Items. Veiled Mods count toward the six affix limit of a Rare Item. Veiled Items can be looted from Mini-Bosses and Bosses in the Betrayal League mechanic found randomly on Maps or when you start Jun's Missions on your Atlas;
- Synthesised Items - which have up to three additional Unique Synthesis-exclusive modifiers. Synthesised Items were common in the Synthesis League, but currently, they can be only found through Zana's Map Device, as she can randomly open up portals to Synthesised Maps. Synthesis Items are potentially the best bases for end-game crafting since they can add up to three additional modifiers that are not counted into the six-affix limit on Rare gear. If you find an item with two or three Tier 1 Synthesised Mods, you should make sure to keep it as it can be worth a fortune for high-level players that are into meta-crafting.
Most of the Items in the Path of Exile can be traded with other players. The PoE's trading system is very simple and there are basically no restrictions to what can be traded or not with the exception of Quest Items, and players below level 25 being unable to trade Currency Items. With the absence of a global in-game marketplace for players, sometimes trading with the use of real cash may be the fastest way of obtaining Items for your character. You can do that at the Odealo marketplace which supports trading in Path of Exile with the use of real money. Odealo is the most secure place to buy PoE Items for real cash. You will find all the types of PoE Items offered for sale by regular PoE players. All offers are posted by our users, and on a healthy competitive market, you will find all the Items and Equipment at the best prices possible. Odealo is one of the most commonly recommended places to Buy, Sell, and Trade Path of Exile Items with the use of real money. It's among the most popular Path of Exile RMT websites, with the highest possible level of security, both for buyers and sellers. You can find even the rarest and the most expensive types of Items, which includes the most sought-after Unique Items in the game. Thanks to many registered and verified sellers from all over the world, transactions on our website are handled 24/7.
On Odealo, you can buy Path of Exile Items and Unique Items on all available game modes including Standard, Blight and other Challenge Leagues, Softcore, Hardcore. Trading is possible on all platforms PS, Steam, Xbox One, and PS4. Odealo guarantees the safety and fast delivery times provided by its' verified sellers.