How to Trade PoE Currency between Modes & Leagues
As you most likely already know, there is no direct way to transfer or trade PoE Currency between different game modes and Leagues. This includes both Softcore to Hardcore trading, as well as Standard to Leagues/Temporary Leagues currency transfers. However, it is still possible with the use of marketplaces like Odealo. Moreover, there is no real-money-trading (PoE RMT) involved. You sell your orbs in one mode, and buy them on another, with no additional payments. If done right, you can get your Orbs on the new League in no time.
Odealo is a trading platform for MMO players. Here you can buy PoE Currency, Orbs, and Unique Items with real money from regular players.
Currently available game modes in Path of Exile
Fresh Start - not that bad after all?
So you have decided to start over once again and face all the new League Challenges? Your stashed Orbs and Gear doesn't exactly have to get dusty. There are thousands of active players on each of the game modes in Path of Exile, making the Trading aspect of the game rather well-developed. This allows players to easily find buyers and sellers for items and orbs anywhere they are planning to move on to (or go back to).
You have to remember, if you plan to sell your goods on Standard mode, and move on to a new freshly launched League, the value of your Orbs will go down drastically. The Exalted Orb to Chaos Orb exchange rate on Standard and Harbinger League (both Softcore) was around 1:1 for the first couple of days. It's the same the other way around, if you have played the New League for a couple of days and have gotten your hands on a couple of mid to high tier orbs, those can make you very rich if you plan to go back to your old character or Standard Mode.
Cross-mode and cross-league Trading
In order to Securely Trade your PoE Currency between game modes, you will have to follow the steps below. As stated before, unless you want it to be, there is no real-money-trading involved. This, however, doesn't make it an officially supported trading method according to Path of Exile Terms of Service, and to Grinding Gear Games standpoint on this matter. This is why want you to know that the very same rules apply to Cross-mode/Cross-League Trading as to direct RMT. In order to make it safe and secure for everyone please read the following guidelines before getting down to the actual trading at Odealo:
- NEVER mention real-money-trading (RMT) in game. This includes any comments about real-life currencies, Odealo, and any other unofficial trading forum
- NEVER empty trade. Always have some random items for trade
Accepting trades like this is very risky. Even if that is really a gift from a friend to get you started
That's an example of a "good" PoE Currency Trade
- Countertrade items, which price is hard to evaluate. Potions, gems, and normal quality items are nearly never worth the items you are expecting to get. Also, the prices of 95% and all of the Divination cards are known to anyone, including GGG employees. Assuming the names and quantity of the items that are traded is logged, you should do your best to make it less suspicious. We advise to always put either high level rares of any type, of any level jewelry and belts.
We do not advise trading this types of items
- Pick your trading partners wisely, both feedback and level system at Odealo will help you with that.
Odealo is one of the biggest Path of Exile marketplaces. It allows regular players to buy, sell, and trade PoE Currency with the use of real cash.
This precaution measures help maintain the safety of both parties of each Path of Exile transaction. This does not only refer to RMT, and trading at Odealo but in general. After you have read and understood those guidelines, you can proceed to the Cross-mode and Cross-League trading guide.
- The very first step you have to take in order to start trading in Path of Exile is creating your own Odealo Account. This process is free of charge, and shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes of your time. Please remember, in order to post your offers for sale, or accept offers from other users, you will have to verify your email address. Our "Register" button can be found in the top-right corner of the website.
Our Registration button can be found in the top-right corner of the website
- After creating your account you can start offering your Path of Exile currency and items for sale. It's a good idea to first browse through the available categories and check current prices for the items you plan to offer. If your offer is not attractive enough, it might take a while for you to transfer the goods to a different League. If possible prepare a small price list for the items you plan to list, it will be helpful in the latter steps.
Start by choosing your default server/mode for Path of Exile. It can be changed at any time
- After you have determined what you want to offer for sale on Odealo, and at what price, you can try posting your first offer at Odealo. This feature is accessible by the + button right next to your public profile and quick menus, or the "Post a new offer" link in Your Account main menu. Getting to know the Offer posting tools shouldn't take long - it's intuitive and easy to use. You get to pick an appropriate title for your offer, describe the items, set the available quantity and price. This is the most important part unless your offer is attractive to other users, you might be unable to sell anything. Keep in mind posting offers at Odealo is free of charge.
Post a new offer button
- You will be notified by email after another user accepts your offer. You will be asked to deliver the orbs and items, and after buyer confirms the delivery, you will receive the Odealo Credits which will be instantly available your purchases. It's advised to maintain good contact with the buyer so that he can confirm the delivery right after your trade is complete. All the transaction details, including Buyer's character name, are available from "Your Sales" subpage, where you can easily access the transaction details window.
Transaction details window is easily accessible from within Your Odealo Account
Your available balance is visible on top of the screen, right in the middle of your User's Control Panel
Assuming you have already sold your Orbs, Items or other Goods, and you did receive the funds, you should now try to find an interesting offer on the Mode or League you are interested in. At Odealo you will find a wide variety of PoE orbs and Items for pretty much all Leagues and Modes. If for some reason you can't find an item you are interested in, try asking one of the Sellers that are offering the goods. There are certain rare or expensive items, that are hard to get and might not be publicly offered. Usually, they can be provided at request.
After you have found what you are looking for, feel free to accept the specific offer, and input your character name. You will be able to pay for it with your available Odealo balance, with no need to make any additional payments to Odealo or any of the Sellers.
Players with an available Credit balance can make purchases without any additional payments or fees
After your transaction has been created, contact the Seller about the delivery details and how he's expecting it to be done (however most Sellers will feel more than secure if both of you use the previously mentioned guidelines). After the exchange, remember to confirm delivery and leave feedback for the Seller. This helps to maintain a user-friendly atmosphere.
Delivery confirmation can be executed from the Transaction Details window. Remember to always leave feedback as well
Enjoy your new Currency and Items on the new League :)
Odealo is a player-to-player marketplace for PoE Currency, Orbs, and Unique Items.
If you have any suggestions about how to securely Trade PoE Orbs between Leagues or game Modes please let us know in comments below, and feel free to join the discussion on our Facebook fan page.
Pictures used in this article are the intellectual property of Grinding Gear Games or their other respective Owners.